ICAS Exam Past Papers, Sample Test Papers Download
ICAS is an independent skill-based assessment test of six competitions for primary and secondary school students. The test assesses basic skills and learning abilities. Students preparing the ICAS 2018 can download the sample papers for practice.
Download ICAS Math Paper to know about different levels of the Mathematics assessment test. Download ICAS English Test Papers for online study. Download ICAS Writing exams to learn how to write this paper.
ICAS PAST Practice Papers Questions Download
– The papers contain ICAS questions with answer sheets. Both the papers are printable. Students can practice solving ICAS questions in answer sheets.
– Use table to convert paper to year level to find papers matching with your year level
ICAS Digital Technologies test covers the following areas:
- Complete digital system including data representation, operating systems and cloud computing and hardware and software systems
- Basic and advance knowledge of formatting in word formatting
- Multimedia, presentation and data visualization
- Use of search engines, social media, web design, emails and practice of social and ethical protocols
- Maintaining and managing data and databases
- Programming principles and concepts
ICAS English is an assessment of reading and language skills of students.
Following are the contents of English test-
- Reading comprehension for meaning
- Selecting text formats and vocabulary
- Sentence structuring to make meaningful sentences
The test includes a variety of text related to narration, description, explanation, arguments and review. The text is collected from books, short stories, poems and novels. Also, it could be in any format like diagrams, tables and maps.
Note: The level of questions increases from Introductory test to Paper J.
ICAS Mathematics test has five parts:
- Algebra and Patterns: Number problems related to patterns and relationship of numbers
- Chance and Data: Treating data and statistics with mathematical formulas
- Measures and Units: Measuring properties of physical world
- Number and Arithmetic: It is linked to Algebra and Patterns
- Space and Geometry: Two-dimensional and three-dimensional properties of space
Note: Papers A, B, C, D and E are given without calculators but calculators are allowed for papers F, G, H, I and J.
ICAS Science stream assesses the skills in:
- Observing and measuring features
- Interpreting data present in diagrams, graphs and tables
- Applying data for making predictions and conclusions
- Investigation of designs
- Reasoning and problem solving
The science questions involve physics, chemistry, biology, ecology, earth science and astronomy.
ICAS Spelling test is developed in conjunction with Macquarie Dictionary and the assessment is done in four different levels:
- Visual related to the recognizing feature of words
- Phonological related to relationship between sound and letter
- Morphological related to word families
- Etymological related to origin of words
Frequently used words with simple spelling patterns and less common words with difficult spelling patterns are used to check spelling knowledge of students.
ICAS Writing skill test assesses writing craft of students. Students are given tasks and the results are prepared on the response given to the tasks.
ICAS is an international assessment of skills and learning abilities of students. It is an annual test quite beneficial for student, parents and schools.
Advantage of ICAS Exam:
- Skill based test
- Tracking performance year-by-year
- Highlights strong points of students
- Educates students about areas they should improve
- Identify gifted students
- Boosts confidence
- Schools and students get international recognition
- ICAS awards have international value
Freedom of Information: All of the ICAS tests published on the eaa.unsw.edu.auwebsite have previously been released under the Freedom of Information Act 1982(Cth) (FOI Act). The FOI Act gives you the right to use these ICAS tests. It does not give anyone any rights in relation to these tests.For more information, see the eaa.unsw.edu.auwebsite information sheet – ICAS tests.
Success in any exam depends on its preparation but ICAS needs special attention as here the focus is on skills. While regular academic tests are knowledge-based, ICAS is the only skill-based test as discussed in ICAS blogs.
Follow the link to access ICAS blogs.